The Spur - Writer’s Guidelines
1. All submissions should be submitted via email as attached Word .doc, .rtf, .wpd, or .txt files to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not copy and paste your work into the body of an email.
2. In the top left corner of the first page please include your name, address, and email along with the word count.
3. Please number all pages.
4. Work received after the deadline for a particular issue will be considered for the following issue.
5. Simultaneous submissions are accepted. Please let us know immediately if your work is accepted elsewhere.
6. If your work is accepted, prior to publication, you will receive an edited draft of your work with tracked changes for approval.
7. If your work is accepted and we receive your approval, we maintain non-exclusive one-time rights to your work. You may publish your work elsewhere so long as we are not precluded from publishing your work online or in print.
8. Our journal is in print, though we reserve the right to post your work on our website if it should be accepted.
-We accept short stories or novel excerpts of less than 5,000 words.
1. Please submit no more than 5 poems.
2. Please submit your poems as one file.
-We accept personal essays or non-fiction articles of less than 5000 words.
-Artwork should be at least 300 dpi saved as a TIFF, PDF, JPEG or EPS.
***If you have submitted a story, poem, or essay you are welcome to attach illustrations.